Last Updated On: December 29, 2022
This Master Service Agreement ("MSA", "agreement") is made and entered into by and between (“Client”) and Your PC Magician, LLC, a Virginia Limited Liability Company (“YPM”).
- Computer System: The Equipment, the Software and the Network
- Data: The computer records which are, from time to time, stored on the Computer System
- Network: The voice, data, local area, wide-area and value-added networks
1. Term: This agreement shall commence on the date of signing and continue for an Initial Period of twelve (12) months. This agreement automatically renews for consecutive twelve (12) month periods or until a later agreement supersedes the contents of this agreement. This agreement also applies to future work contracted to YPM by Client. Either party shall have the right to cancel this Agreement upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other. In the event that this Agreement is cancelled, Client shall pay YPM all service fees payable and/or other expenses reimbursable under this Agreement immediately upon submission of a final invoice. This final payment is due upon receipt and not subject to the payment terms described in Paragraph 7 of this Agreement.
2. Scope of Work: YPM will do one or more of the services listed in exchange for payment from Client:
- Maintenance and/or repair of Computer System(s)
- Procure hardware and services on behalf of Client
- Provide Voice over IP (VoIP) phone service
- Provide data backup and recovery services
- Provide subscription-based service(s), ("Microsoft Office 365", "INFINITYvoice", "INFINITYcare", etc.)
- Other technical and/or consulting services
Paragraphs 3-6 apply only to clients with subscription-based services including but not limited to "INFINITYcare", "INFINITYvoice", and "INFINITYbackup":
3. Monthly Services: YPM will use its reasonable efforts to provide the services that the Client requests, including but not limited to, anti-virus software, automated PC health checks, automated patches and updates, online backup services, voice and data services. In circumstances where a hardware or software incompatibility does not support the aforementioned services, YPM will not provide or support those services.
4. Hourly Services: Client and YPM understand that support may be needed that falls outside the scope of the Monthly Services Component of the Agreement. In the event that Client needs support outside the scope of the Monthly Services Component, Client will need to submit a request to YPM which may be written or otherwise. Any services performed under this provision will be invoiced as Hourly Charges as described in Paragraph 5 of this Agreement. These Hourly Charges are in addition to the Monthly Charges associated with the Monthly Services Component described in Paragraph 3 of this Agreement.
5. Resold Services: YPM partners with many different vendors to resell their products and services. YPM is strictly the reseller of these products and services, and the Client agrees to all terms of the vendor's product or service. Client agrees to any term commitments of the vendor and if YPM is rebilling the client for the product or service, Client agrees to pay YPM for all service fees payable throughout the term agreement.
Example: YPM resells Microsoft 365 licenses through a vendor partner. YPM is the reseller and YPM bills the Client directly for the service. The vendor partner of YPM bills YPM for the service and YPM rebills the Client for the service. By purchasing Microsoft products through YPM, Client is entering into a software/use agreement with Microsoft, NOT YPM. YPM is not responsible for the operation, functionality, features, or usage of the products and is simply a reseller of a product offered by another Vendor, namely Microsoft in this example. Microsoft (and other vendors) may require a term agreement whereas Client agrees to pay for the service for a certain term. Client agrees to pay YPM for these services through the end of the term even if all other services with YPM are discontinued. THIS PROVISION SURVIVES THE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT IF CLIENT IS WITHIN A TERM AGREEMENT WITH A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THAT YPM HAS RESOLD AND REBILLS TO CLIENT.
6. Invoicing: YPM will invoice Client monthly on the 1st day of each month for all service fees payable and/or other expenses reimbursable under this Agreement. Invoices will include details of the services provided and/or expenses incurred including but not limited to the date of service or expense, a description, number of hours, and charge
- Invoicing for the Monthly Services described in Paragraph 3 of this agreement will occur on the 1st of the month within which the services will be provided.
- Invoicing for the Hourly Services described in Paragraph 4 of this Agreement will occur after completion of the service event.
- Invoicing for Resold Services described in Paragraph 5 of this Agreement will occur on the 1st of the month within which the services will be provided, at the interval billed by the vendor, or at a different interval that the client and YPM have agreed to.
- Payment terms for invoices under this Agreement will be NET 30 days from the invoice date.
- Invoices will be sent electronically unless otherwise requested by Client, in writing.
7. Payments: For all services, excluding subscription-based services, payment will be due upon rendering of services. YPM reserves the right to hold Client’s device(s) until full payment has been received. Client shall submit all payments under this Agreement to YPM via electronic means including online credit card processing system(s), in-person electronic magnetic strip swiping or chip reading device(s) or by mailing check, cash or money order to:
Your PC Magician, LLC
11813 Stamford Rd.
Midlothian, VA 23112
Any invoices not paid within thirty (30) days shall accrue interest at the rate of 1.5% per month (18% per annum). Payments made by Client will be applied first to accrued interest and then to the outstanding balance on Client’s account.
IF INVOICE IS NOT PAID WITHIN 30 DAYS YPM WILL PAUSE/CANCEL/DISABLE/HOLD ANY ONGOING SERVICES UNTIL THE ACCOUNT IS MADE CURRENT
8. Refunds: Labor charges are non-refundable. In the event that a part is determined to be incompatible or defective, YPM will reorder the correct part or refund Client.
9. Collection Costs: Client shall reimburse YPM for all reasonable costs, charges, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, expended or incurred by YPM in the collection of any fees, expenses, or other amounts owing to YPM by Client under this Agreement.
10. Independent Contractor Status: YPM is an independent contractor, not an employee or partner of Client. YPM is solely responsible for all taxes, withholdings, insurance, and any other obligations that may apply to an independent contractor. Within the Scope of Work, Independent Contractor shall retain sole and absolute discretion in the manner and means of carrying out their activities and responsibilities under this Agreement. This Agreement shall not be considered or construed to be a partnership or joint venture, and the Company shall not be liable for any obligations incurred by Independent Contractor unless specifically authorized in writing. Independent Contractor shall not act as an agent of the Company, ostensibly or otherwise, nor bind the Company in any manner, unless specifically authorized to do so in writing.
11. Confidentiality: Any proprietary information disclosed by either the Client or YPM, to either the Client or YPM, shall remain confidential. This will protect both parties in future business relations and ensures the privacy of both the Client and YPM.
12. Choice of Law: The terms and provisions of this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to conflict of law principles.
13. Venue: Any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be in the exclusive jurisdiction of the City of Richmond, Virginia and the parties consent to the laying of venue in any such court.
14. Severability: If a court of competent jurisdiction shall, at any time, hold that any provision of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable, all other provisions of this agreement shall nevertheless continue in full force and effect. Such invalidity shall not invalidate the entire agreement.
15. Indemnification: Each party shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the other party, its officers, directors, employees, and managers, against all actions suits, claims, losses, liabilities, and demands whatsoever, including costs, expenses, and attorneys' fees, resulting from or claimed to have resulted from any intentional or negligent acts or omissions of the indemnifying party or its employees, agents, or independent contractors engaged in the services under this Agreement at the time of the event or occurrence upon which such actions, claims, or demands are based. The provisions of this Paragraph will survive termination of this Agreement. Each party shall promptly notify the other of any claim asserted against it for which such indemnification is sought.
16. Force Majeure: YPM shall not be responsible for any delay or failure (including any delay by YPM or support technicians in furnishing services) if such delay or failure arises out of causes beyond its control, including but not limited to natural disaster, failure of utilities, communications or computer systems, other acts of God or acts or omissions of subcontractors or third parties.
17. Assignment: The rights and obligations of each party under this Agreement may not be assigned without the prior written consent of the other party.
18. Entire Agreement: This Agreement shall constitute the entire understanding between YPM and Client and shall supersede all prior agreements, understandings, or representations concerning the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement, including any addendum hereto, may be amended at anytime for any reason. YPM will publish the latest version of this agreement at https://www.yourpcmagician.com/master-service-agreement.
19. No Third Party Beneficiaries: This Agreement shall not confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
20. Warranty: YPM offers a 30 day part/labor warranty against manufacture defects. This warranty does not apply to any other part of the device but the part that has been serviced by YPM. This warranty does not cover accidental damage (drops, cracked screens, spills) or damage caused by power surges. This warranty becomes void if additional damage is caused to the device after being serviced by YPM. YPM documents the condition of the device before and after service.
21. Client Responsibilities: The Client shall:
- Ensure that the Computer System is used in a proper manner only by competent, trained individuals
- Not allow anyone other than YPM to provide, or procure the provision of, any maintenance services in respect of the Computer System
- Co-operate fully with YPM's personnel in the diagnosis of any error or defect in the Computer System
- Provide YPM with full, safe and uninterrupted access to those areas of Client's premises to which it is necessary for YPM to have access in order to perform the Services; and
- Ensure that those of its personnel whose decisions are necessary for the performance of the services are available to YPM for consultation in relation to any matter connected with the services
If the Client fails in respect of any of its obligations under this agreement, YPM shall not be liable for any consequent failure on its part to perform services. In addition, YPM shall be entitled to charge Client on a time and materials basis for any action taken by YPM's staff as a result of such failure, notwithstanding that it may not be able to perform services due to such failure.
22. Miscellaneous: Upon providing YPM an email address, YPM will add Client to the Company’s mailing list, which may result in Client receiving informational, promotional or other correspondence via electronic communication. We will not intentionally sell, share, or distribute Client’s personal information to third parties, except as required by law.